Freshmen fall to Eudora
Despite the Bulldogs improvement over the season, the freshmen football team fell short to Eudora 14-8.
The Bulldogs scored first in the second quarter. Andrew Hannon ran back a punt 65 yards for the touchdown. B.T. Turk caught a pass from Jason Kesinger to add the two-point conversion.
The Cardinals answered with a touchdown and a two-point conversion.
After the losing the ball Kesinger tried to tackle the runner and landed on his wrist. Kesinger broke his wrist and will be out the rest of the season.
With seconds left in the first half, the Cardinals ran the ball 70 yards for another touchdown. The Bulldogs now trailed 14-8.
Tailback Turk stepped up as quarterback for the rest of the game.
"I think I did pretty well," said Turk. "I practice quarterback on Mondays, so I knew what I was doing, but didn't really have the experience."
In the second half of the game, the Bulldogs' defense held off the Cardinals, but were unable to convert on the their chances to score.
"Hopefully, they'll (the team) pull it together and play a good game," said Kesinger.
Turk will play quarterback when the Bulldogs finish up their season here against Paola Thursday.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Baldwin City Fourth to feature flags, free swim and fireworks
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Vinland Fair returns for 108th run Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it