Mayor thanks KDOT
E. Dean Carlson
Secretary of Transportation
Kansas Department of Transportation
Dear Secretary Carlson:
Baldwin City wants to say thank you.
Last week City Administrator Larry Paine received a letter from Larry Emig, Chief, Bureau of Local Projects, requesting the city's support for the mill and overlay change order to the U.S. Highway 56 Geometric Improvement Project in Baldwin City. At last night's City Council meeting, the Council approved a resolution supporting this change order.
I also wanted to express our appreciation to you and the staff for advancing this work improving the appearance of Baldwin City as motorists drive through. The community conducted a citywide cleanup campaign and the completed work on the highway will enhance the beauty of our community.
Many positive things are happening in Baldwin City for which we are very proud. The milling and overlay project provides a visible expression of the vitality here in Baldwin City. With the completion of the widening project and overlay project, everyone who drives through Baldwin City on Highway 56 will recognize the pride.
More like this story
- Baldwin City home base for world-wide netter
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case