Baker women split games
The Baker Wildcat women improved to 2-0 with a 72-51 victory over Saint Mary College on Nov. 7. Five players scored in double figures for the Wildcats, led by Cory Shoaf with 15. Shoaf, a 5-foot-7 freshman from Bonner Springs led the team with six rebounds. Maggie Braun, a 5-5 junior from Prairie Village, added 10 points and five assists.
The Wildcats fell to Ottawa 76-65 on Nov. 11 in the first round of the Haskell Tournament. Angie Miller, a 5-6 junior from Topeka, led the team with 17 points and made four of six three-point attempts. Triece Baker, a 5-9 senior from Morrowville, added 15 points and had three steals.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes