Baker men move record to 2-2
With a 74-60 win over host Sterling College in the Sterling Classic, the Baker Wildcats improved their record to 2-2.
Baker fell 90-65 to Northwest Oklahoma State on Nov. 10 in the first round, then rebounded to defeat Sterling on Nov. 11.
Aaron Schwerman, a 6-foot-7 junior from Beloit, led the team with 20 points against Sterling. Todd Heitshusen, a 6-1 sophomore from Lawrence, and Brandon Scarborough, a 6-5 junior from Kansas City, Mo., added 10 points. Nick Wood, a 6-2 senior from Lawrence, led the team with six rebounds, while Scott Johnson, a 6-1 sophomore from Tulsa, Okla., gave out six assists.
Baker received their first loss of the season in a 77-66 defeat at Ottawa University on Nov. 8.
More like this story
- Baldwin board, council oppose proposed changes to local elections
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty