Baldwin Hornets win three
Baldwin City's Hornets 13-14 year-old baseball team won three games last week to push its regular-season record to 5-1 and overall mark to 10-3.
Thanks to an eight-run second inning, the Hornets beat the Tigers 15-7 Wednesday. Brian Wendt pitched a complete game and the Hornets got two hits apiece from Brian Turk, Scott Johnson and Andrew Bartlow.
On Friday, the Hornets pounded out 24 runs and gave up just three to beat the Rockies. Turk and J.D. King each had three hits in the win. Grant Meisenheimer and King combined in the pitching performance.
On Saturday, the Hornets won 13-5. Bartlow, Seth Belfield, Austin Inzer, Turk and Meisenheimer each had hits and scored a run in a 12-run second inning. Turk threw a complete game. The Hornets take on the Baldwin Hammers tonight at 6 in Baldwin.
More like this story
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Baker sees gigabit Internet as important competitive edge
- Baker Candlelight Vespers to return for 85th year
- BCRC tweaks start of Baldwin City community center drive
- Fiber optic cable live in Baldwin City; Baker to have service soon