Walters leads BU track onslaught
Baker University's track teams were busy over the weekend, continued their assault on the school records and came up with a couple more qualifying marks for the NAIA National meet.
Standout Jessica Walters led the charge, setting a new school record in the triple jump at 36-10.5, which is also an automatic NAIA qualifying mark. It beat Walters' old mark of 36-10.5, which she set last year. It came in the Emporia State Twilight Qualifier Saturday. She finished third in the triple jump and was second in the high jump at 5-3.
Also finishing third was Eric Schwarz in the javelin with a throw of 185-9. Katie Hennes set a new school record in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:17.51. It topped Morgan Ouimette's old mark of 2:20.63. It was good for fourth and was a provisional NAIA qualifying mark. Triece Baker went 37-0.25 in the triple jump for sixth, which was also an automatic qualifying mark. Ouimette was sixth in the 1,500-meter run.
At the NAIA Midstate Championships in Lamoni, Iowa, two BU men's relay teams finished third. They were the 4x800- and 4x400-meter relay teams. At the Central College Decathlon at Pella, Iowa, Jerry Baker was fifth with 5,628 points and Brock Stumpf was seventh with 4,367.
More like this story
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election
- Turnout slow this morning at Baldwin City polling sites.
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England