Math rules at Baldwin Junior High School
Baldwin Junior High School's Math Relay Team brought home many awards from league competition at Louisburg April 20th.
There were more than 275 seventhth and eighth graders from all the Frontier League schools. These students took written tests in one or more of the six catagories: Algebra, Decimals & Percents, Geometry, Potpurri, Pre-Algebra, Problem Solving, and Probability & Statistics.
The results are as follows: Pre-Algebra -7, 10th place, A.J. Osborn; Potpourri - 7, fourth place - Ellen Schroer, second place - Rachel Miles, ninth place - Aaron Hipple; Potpourri - 8, sixth place - Jeff Hill, seventh place - Danielle Reed; Geometry - 8, sixth place - Hill; Decimals & Percents - 7, fifth place - Osborn; Decimals & Percents - 8, second place - Miles, third place - Reed; Problem Solving - 7, second place - Schroer, third place - Osborn; Problem Solving - 8, first place - Reed, eighth place - Hill, 9th place - Miles; seventh grade team - Schroer, Osborn, Hipple, Jason Mock; eighth grade team - Miles, Reed, Hill
Kim Callahan, the teams' sponsor, said she was extremely pleased with the students successes.
More like this story
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County
- Douglas County commission waives bidding process for jail to seek out new medical service provider
- LJWorld.com Douglas County commissioners consider consultant to review zoning, codes policies