Math rules at Baldwin Junior High School
Baldwin Junior High School's Math Relay Team brought home many awards from league competition at Louisburg April 20th.
There were more than 275 seventhth and eighth graders from all the Frontier League schools. These students took written tests in one or more of the six catagories: Algebra, Decimals & Percents, Geometry, Potpurri, Pre-Algebra, Problem Solving, and Probability & Statistics.
The results are as follows: Pre-Algebra -7, 10th place, A.J. Osborn; Potpourri - 7, fourth place - Ellen Schroer, second place - Rachel Miles, ninth place - Aaron Hipple; Potpourri - 8, sixth place - Jeff Hill, seventh place - Danielle Reed; Geometry - 8, sixth place - Hill; Decimals & Percents - 7, fifth place - Osborn; Decimals & Percents - 8, second place - Miles, third place - Reed; Problem Solving - 7, second place - Schroer, third place - Osborn; Problem Solving - 8, first place - Reed, eighth place - Hill, 9th place - Miles; seventh grade team - Schroer, Osborn, Hipple, Jason Mock; eighth grade team - Miles, Reed, Hill
Kim Callahan, the teams' sponsor, said she was extremely pleased with the students successes.
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- LJWorld.com GaDuGi Safe Center, Douglas County District Attorney's office to receive grant money
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good