Marjorie Irene Houston
Services for Marjorie Irene Houston, 75, Pomona, were Thursday at Dengel and Son Mortuary, Ottawa. Burial followed at the Monticello Union Cemetery, Shawnee.
Ms. Houston died Monday, May 8, 2000 at Ransom Memorial Hospital, Ottawa.
She was born October 24, 1924 in Blue Rapids the daughter of Edward Marion Moore and Lillian (Vail) Homan. She graduated from Sedalia High School in 1942.
Ms. Houston was raised near Sedalia, Mo moving to Kansas City, Mo, after her marriage in 1954 and later moved to DeSoto. In 1950, she moved to Monticello near Olathe and upon retirement in 1987 moved to Pomona.
She was a member of Ridgeview Baptist Church, Olathe.
On October 20, 1950, she married Frank E. Houston. He preceded her in death in 1991.
Survivors include two sons, Russell E. "Mike" Houston, Olathe and Darrell L. Schirlle, Jacksonville, Fl.; two daughters, Rena "Tina" Rea, Pomona and Linda Mitchell, LaCygne; her mother and stepfather Lillian and Bill Homan; a sister, Doris Ann Rosenberger, Baldwin City; nineteen grandchildren and twenty-six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four sons, John R., and Billy Jo Houston, Charles Krone and Melvin Empt; a brother Melvin Moore and two grandsons Billy Michael and Walter Edwin Houston.
More like this story
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Police: Man shot out outside Kansas mall knew gunmen
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash