What is a Community?
We found out this past weekend just what the word community means. The Baldwin businesses, the people that live in Baldwin and their friends came together for one cause. We have no idea how we would have even begun to deal with our sorrow without all of the support our community has given us. When we first found out our son, Trevor, had only a few months to live, we thought our world was ending. Then, that first medical bill showed up at our house and we were again in shock. How in the world are we going to make it through all of this? As the news spread through the community, we were overwhelmed with the prayers and support of everyone. We now know that we are not alone, but have the support of an entire community and beyond. We could not even begin to thank everyone that donated their time, presents or financial contribution, but we wanted them to know how much it is helping our family get through this difficult time.
A special thanks to the Knights of Columbus, the Altar Society and The Lodge, especially Jackie Craig, Bert Jackson and Connie Rockers, and everyone involved in the benefit in our honor. Please know that words can never convey the depth of our thanks to everyone. Knowing that we have so much support among our friends and community will help us get through the weeks and months ahead. Thank you again to everyone.
Bill, Michelle, Zac and Trevor Leeker
More like this story
- Baldwin City, township firefighters battle prop blazes
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- PAC available for Baldwin City community tornado shelter but users asked to follow rules