Services for George Andrew Edgecomb, 84, Overbrook, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Eight Mile Old German Baptist Church, west of Centropolis. Burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery, west of Centropolis.
Mr. Edgecomb died Sunday, March 19, 2000 at the Baldwin Care Center.
He was born Aug. 23, 1915, in Cunningham, the son of John W. and Mary Frances (Barnhart) Edgecomb. He moved with his family to the Franklin-Douglas County area in 1918.
Mr. Edgecomb married Hazel Ellen Boyd on April 18, 1943, in Sawyer. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include: two sons, Lester E., Baldwin City and Glen E. Ottawa; three brothers, Paul, Silver Lake, Ind.; John, Garnett; and Raymond, Pacific Grove, Calif.; a sister, Pearl Flory, Phillipsburg, Ohio; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 9 a.m. today at Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, Ottawa, where the family will receive friends from 6 to 7:30 tonight.
The family requests memorials to the Baldwin Care Center, sent in care of the Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, P.O. Box 14, Ottawa 66067.
More like this story
- Baldwin City to seek KDOT funding for Eisenhower Street/US 56 intersection improvements
- Baldwin City to make application for KDOT grant to improve safety at Eighth Street highway crossing
- Officials say work on Baldwin City entrances to be finished in time for Maple Leaf Festival
- Baldwin City to ask KDOT to upgrade crosswalk signal
- Baldwin City Council awards contract for U.S. 56/High Street realignment