Baldwin Kid Wrestlers qualify nine for state
With a champion, two runners-up and nine wrestlers qualifying for the state tournament, the Baldwin Kid Wrestlers had a good showing at the district tourney in Ottawa Saturday.
Sean Potter went 3-0 with three pins to win the district championship. Potter had also won the sub-district tourney.
Finishing second were Kevin Callahan (2-1, one pin) and Kyle Flory (1-1, one). Flory was also runner-up at sub-district. For the state tourney, Potter is seeded No. 1 and Callahan and Flory are seeded No. 2 in their age and weight divisions.
Placing third were Gabe Mason (3-1) and Dan Hamilton (3-1, two pins). Fourth-place finishers were Alan Callahan (2-2), Steve Hamilton (2-2, two pins), Seth Halford (2-2) and Adam Halford (2-2, one).
Fifth-place finishers were Wayne Sage (2-2), Andy Breedlove (2-3, one pin) and Mike Erickson (1-2). Finishing sixth were Chase Abel (1-3) and Tony Brewer (1-3).
Top six placers from district advanced to state. The state championship will be Saturday and Sunday in Topeka's Expo Center.
Other wrestlers competing at district for Baldwin were Josh Wood, Justin Goff and David Sinclair.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Council awards contract for U.S. 56/High Street realignment
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- CR 1955 intersection to reopen Thursday
- Baldwin boys, girls race away with league track titles