Walter J. Freeman
Services for Walter J. Freeman, 82, Eudora were March 5, 2000, at Warren-McElwain Mortuary. Cremation followed. Mr. Freeman died March 3, 2000, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. He was a long time resident of Eudora.
He worked in the maintenance department at the University of Kansas Athletic Department and retired in 1976. Prior to that he had farmed in Missouri and also was a truck driver.
He was born March 5, 1917 in Vanzant, Mo., the son of William and Emma Crisp Freeman.
He married Irene LaRue on December 24, 1945. She preceded him in death. He married Mayme Brown July 19, 1957 in Walla Walla, Wash. She survives of the home.
Also surviving are four daughters, Aneita Burton and Wanda Salierno, Lawrence, Mary Beem, Eudora, Angela Freeman, Lawrence; six sons, Tarry Freeman, Livingston, Texas, Vance Freeman, Ottawa, Dean, Alfred, Leonard Freeman all of Lawrence, William Freeman, Eudora; three brothers, Lloyd Freeman and Leonard Freeman both of Mt. Grove, Mo, Don Freeman, Mansfield, Mo; three sisters, Oma LuAllen, Cabool, Mo., Nancy Tetrick, Dora, Mo., and Mary Collins, Mt. Grove, Mo.; 14 grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Visiting Nurses Association and may be sent in care of the mortuary.
More like this story
- Troublesome zebra mussels found in Wellington lake
- Lumberyard Arts Center plans Love Boat-themed summer fundraiser
- Douglas County commission waives bidding process for jail to seek out new medical service provider
- Brownback intervenes in auction of illegal deer heads
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere