Local treasurer’s office plans grand opening
The Douglas County Treasurer's office is having a grand opening for its Baldwin office at 10 a.m. Friday at 813 Eighth Street.
The office opened Feb. 1, and is staffed by Debbie Chalender, Baldwin, a 12-year employee of the treasurer's office.
Almost everything that can be done in Lawrence can be done in Baldwin. Customers can buy and renew tags for vehicles, purchase 30-day tags and specialty tags, get handicap placards and pay real estate and personal property taxes.
The office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and closed from 1 to 2 p.m. for lunch.
More like this story
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Brownback intervenes in auction of illegal deer heads
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher