Services for Dale I. Hird, 86, Ottawa, will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, Ottawa. Burial will be in Highland Cemetery, Ottawa.
Mr. Hird died Saturday, Feb. 26, 2000 at Ransom Memorial Hospital, Ottawa.
He was born Nov. 24, 1913, near Baldwin City, the son of Ira Thomas and Myrtle (Epley) Hird. He attended Coal Creek grade school and graduated from Vinland High School.
Mr. Hird was a farmer and stockman, and had worked for the Douglas County Road Department and Ottawa Truck.
He married Margaret May Sturdy on July 1, 1940, in Oskaloosa. She died April 17, 1999.
Two sisters, Viola Walker and Lucille Rinn, preceded him in death.
Survivors include a son, Stanley, Ottawa; a daughter, Marie Farris, Ottawa; five grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at the funeral home, where the family will receive friends from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The family suggests memorials to the Parkinson's Foundation, sent in care of the funeral home, 325 S. Hickory, Ottawa 66067.
More like this story
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs