Big Brothers/Sisters makes its first match
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Baldwin City knows how to celebrate its grand opening with its first match of a child with a local couple.
"I've been so tickled, they are a really neat match," said Chris Griggs, director of the local Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
Jonathan Murray, who is being raised by his grandparents Gary and Edith Murray, Baldwin, was matched with Randy and Kristi Billinger, rural Wellsville.
Big Brothers/Big Sisters will be having a ribbon cutting and grand opening at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 9, at its office at 820 High Street. Jonathan and the Billingers will cut the ribbon. Refreshments will be served.
Community members are invited to learn more about the program and meet the first match, board members, volunteers and children.
For more information about the program, call 594-2494.
More like this story
- Some Wichita city officials open to discuss Confederate flag
- Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future