Baker basketball season comes to a close
The basketball season came to an end for Baker University last week in the Heart of America Athletic Conference playoffs. The BU men won their first game, but lost their second. The BU women lost in the opening round.
The Baker men were at home Wednesday in the first round against Culver-Stockton and used a 14-8 surge in overtime to win 71-65. The Wildcats had a 10-point lead in regulation, but let it slip away.
John Duncanson, a 6-foot-5 senior from Tonganoxie, led the Wildcats with 17 points. Bryan Dorsey, a 6-2 senior from Wellsville, and Aaron Schwerman, a 6-7 sophomore from Beloit, both added 13 points. Dorsey also had five assists and Schwerman added seven rebounds. Julio Dos Santos, a 6-10 senior from Gioania, Brazil, just missed a triple-double with nine points, nine rebounds and nine blocked shots.
The victory pitted the Wildcats against No. 2-ranked MidAmerica Nazarene Friday in Olathe in the HAAC semifinals. MidAmerica won 94-72.
Schwerman topped the Wildcats with 24 points and 11 rebounds. The loss ended the Wildcat's season with a 17-17 record.
More like this story
- Troublesome zebra mussels found in Wellington lake
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Canoeists set new record in paddling from Kansas to Missouri
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident