Hornets rebound to sting Cardinals
The Baldwin City Hornets rebounded from a one-run loss to the league-leading White Sox on Wednesday in Lawrence and beat the Cardinals 13-1 Saturday in Baldwin City.
J.D. King threw a no-hitter and also belted a double that scored two runs. Austin Inzer had two hits. Brian Turk, Scott Johnson, Kyle Flory, Seth Belfield and Daniel Morris each had a hit.
In the 10-9 loss to the White Sox, Turk threw five innings and blasted a three-run home run over the centerfield fence to give the Hornets the lead in the fifth inning. Brian Wendt, Andrew Bartlow, King and Flory also had hits for the Hornets.
The Hornets, who compete in the Lawrence Houk-Ice 13-14 league, play two games in Lawrence this week: Thursday against the Tigers and Friday against the Cardinals. The Hornets, 13-4, are in second place in the league.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- Turnout slow this morning at Baldwin City polling sites.
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases