Baldwin Hornets improve record
In last week's action, Baldwin City's Hornets 13-14 year-old baseball team came from behind to beat the Mets 12-11 in Baldwin and beat the Yankees 15-4 in Lawrence. The wins pushed the Hornet's record to 12-2.
Against the Mets, Brian Wendt and Kyle Flory each had two hits. J.D. King, who replaced injured starting pitcher Grant Meisenheimer in the first inning, picked up the win and scored the winning run. In the win over the Yankees, Brian Turk threw a complete game and scored four runs. King had three runs batted in and scored four runs. Kyle Flory hit a home run and had four runs batted in.
Despite a final inning six-run rally on Thursday in Baldwin that included a towering home run by Flory, Baldwin fell a run short and lost to the league-leading White Sox 15-14. Turk and King each had two hits for the Hornets, who will play the White Sox again tonight in Lawrence.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Report: Corn planting in Kansas reaches 14 percent
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking