Subway softball squad wins
The Baldwin Subway 11 & 12 year old girls softball team won their game against the Gardner 2 team on June 7 23-2.
Along with the team's strong defense, the hits were plentiful. Hits were made by Ellie Meinen, Marie Ruona, Shelby Roberts, Nicki Smith, Amanda Helm, Emily Krysztof (one home run) and Shannon Hornberger (two home runs).
Winning pitcher was Meinen and Hornberger was named player of the game. The girls will be playing in a tournament this weekend in Wellsville.
More like this story
- Kansas House panel considers higher scrap theft penalties
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules