To the Editor
I wanted to thank the many friends and businesses who helped and supported the Baldwin High School wrestling team to host the 2000 State Freestyle/Greco-Roman Wrestling Tournament at BHS Friday and Saturday. The event was a huge success and it could not have happened without all the help we received. We received many positive compliments about not only the tournament, but also the Baldwin community and its people.
Seven Baldwin athletes competed in the tournament in both freestyle and greco-roman divisions, and we came away with one gold medal, three silver medals, three bronze medals, and two fourth-place finishes overall. The Baldwin wrestlers competing were Andy Breedlove, Witt Hinton, Seth Halford, Adam Halford, Joe Brown, Nathan Deel and Kevin Callahan.
Thanks again to all who helped sponsor, set-up, clean up, and/or work the event!
Head Wrestling Coach
Baldwin High School
More like this story
- Baldwin City to make application for KDOT grant to improve safety at Eighth Street highway crossing
- Baldwin City to ask KDOT to upgrade crosswalk signal
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- CR 1955 intersection to reopen Thursday
- Baldwin City to seek KDOT funding for Eisenhower Street/US 56 intersection improvements