To the Editor
I wanted to thank the many friends and businesses who helped and supported the Baldwin High School wrestling team to host the 2000 State Freestyle/Greco-Roman Wrestling Tournament at BHS Friday and Saturday. The event was a huge success and it could not have happened without all the help we received. We received many positive compliments about not only the tournament, but also the Baldwin community and its people.
Seven Baldwin athletes competed in the tournament in both freestyle and greco-roman divisions, and we came away with one gold medal, three silver medals, three bronze medals, and two fourth-place finishes overall. The Baldwin wrestlers competing were Andy Breedlove, Witt Hinton, Seth Halford, Adam Halford, Joe Brown, Nathan Deel and Kevin Callahan.
Thanks again to all who helped sponsor, set-up, clean up, and/or work the event!
Head Wrestling Coach
Baldwin High School
More like this story
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Intersection of CR 1055 and North 600 Road to be closed today
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Brownback to take action on bill regulating Uber drivers
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases