John M. Hedrick
Graveside services for John M. Hedrick, 84, Baldwin City, were Tuesday at the Vinland Cemetery with Rev. Shawn Smith officiating. Mr. Hedrick died Friday, July 21, 2000 at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
He was born September 29, 1915 at Beatrice, Neb., the son of John Henry and Mary (Stevens) Hedrick. He graduated from the Bonner Springs High School in 1932.
He married Mamie Moppin on June 11, 1953, at the Church of Christ in Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Hedrick resided on the family farm near Baldwin City. While working on the farm, he also worked over 35 years in the Department of Housing at Kansas University, retiring in 1983.
He was a long-time member of the Vinland Church of Christ.
Survivors include: his wife, Mamie Hedrick of the home; a daughter, Mary Hedrick, Baldwin City; a niece, Thelma Hedrick of Nebraska and a nephew, Johnny Drew of Missouri.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Anna Shoemate and a brother, Lee Hedrick.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Vinland Church of Christ and may be sent in care of the Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, P.O. Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Man found guilty in Douglas State Fishing Lake aggravated robbery
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake