Dorothy Clara Martin
Funeral services for Dorothy Clara Martin, 82, Baldwin City, were Saturday at Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, Baldwin City. Mrs. Martin died Wednesday, July 19, 2000.
Mrs. Martin was born April 12, 1918 in Harvester, Mo., the daughter of Rev. Arthur and Emma (Scheppe) Miessler. She graduated from Wentzville High School in 1936.
On April 18, 1942, she married Charles Walter Martin in Wentzville, Mo., with her father presiding over the ceremony. They lived in the Excelsior Springs, Mo. area from 1945 to 1954 before moving to the Johnson County area where she resided until 1995. In 1995, she moved to Baldwin City where she resided until her death.
Survivors include: two sons, Don Martin and his wife, Brenda, Baldwin City; Steve Martin and his wife Bonnie, Olathe; two sisters, Ruth Moellering, St. Charles, Mo., and Miriam VanLunen, Baltimore, Md.; two brothers, Norbert Miessler, Montrose, Colo., and Vernon Miessler, St. Charles, Mo., and four grandchildren.
Her husband, parents and a sister, Vera Bayte, preceded her in death.
Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery, Excelsior Springs, Mo.
Memorial contributions may be made to Redeemer Lutheran Church and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, P.O. Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Baldwin City home base for world-wide netter
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team
- Baldwin High School students commited fans of Bulldogs
- Baldwin girls bull way into state title game with 67-42 win against Concordia
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds