Youth football sign-ups near
The second season of Baldwin Youth Football is just around the corner and so are sign-ups for the fall season.
The youth football program is for kids in grades third through sixth. Sign-ups are scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 5, from 9 a.m. to noon and Monday, Aug. 7, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Both sessions will be at the Collins Center on the Baker University campus.
Football practices will start in mid August. A cost for the program hasn't been determined yet, but it is expected to be in the $60-$70 range.
Equipment, except for football cleats, is provided by the Lawrence Youth Football League. Baldwin will again field an "A" and a "B" team. The "A" team is comprised primarily of sixth graders and a few fifth graders. The "B" team is comprised of third, fourth and fifth graders.
Last year, the first for Baldwin participation in the Lawrence Youth Football League, there were more than 60 youths from Baldwin that participated on the teams. The teams played a seven-game schedule and all games are played on the YSI fields in south Lawrence. Practices are held in Baldwin.
Those who cannot attend a sign-up or have questions should call coaches Scott Hall at 594-6956 or Dennis Mills at 594-2806.
More like this story
- Proposed Baldwin City littering ordinance draws criticism
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues