The Baldwin City Police Department was busy Monday picking up loose dogs and finding their owners, or a temporary place to stay if an owner couldn't be located. It happens around this time every year, said Patty James, because of the fireworks. Dogs that police officers have picked up are posted at the police department and City Hall on Eighth Street, or call the police department at 594-3850.
Catharine Skiles, Ottawa, reported the theft of a stereo, CDs, a cellular phone and other items were stolen from her car between June 24 and June 25 at 106 Dearborn Circle. The loss and damage to the car was listed at $1,790.
Keith Matthew, Wellsville, reported a 1977 Buick Regal was stolen from 301 Ames on June 28. The car was recovered later the same day with some damage.
More like this story
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- Baldwin district having sale at Vinland school on Saturday