Signal ready for birthday party
All right, already. I know there hasn't been a column recently, but honestly there's been good cause. Time. We all know how that goes.
The new millennium has been a busy one. From the last-minute checks to make sure we'd all survive, to the regular routine of January and February, there hasn't been a lot of time.
But, I'll make the time for what's about to happen for The Signal. We'll turn 1-year-old next week and what a wild ride it's been.
The response to the paper has been overwhelming and we sincerely appreciate all the help and encouragement we've received during the year. Countless people have told me during the year how they look forward to Wednesday now, because that's when The Signal is delivered. They also say thanks for providing Baldwin City with a quality newspaper.
Well, it's time for us to say thanks, too. We hope you'll stop by next Wednesday (March 1) for our birthday party. It's not going to be anything fancy just cake, cookies, coffee, pop or whatever. We'll have a few drawings, too.
But more than anything, we just want to be able to touch base personally with all the people that have made The Signal such a success. Stop by between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesday and have a treat. We look forward to it.
More like this story
- Proposed Baldwin City littering ordinance draws criticism
- 2 injured after car explodes on Kansas expressway
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Maple Leaf Festival grand marshal honored for work with festival, Lumberyard Arts Center