Walter John Stoebener
Services for Walter John Stoebener, 86, Baldwin City, were Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2000, at St. John's United Church of Christ, Baldwin City. Burial followed at St. John's Cemetery.
Mr. Stoebener died Friday, Feb. 4, 2000, at the Baldwin Care Center.
He was born July 9, 1913, near Worden, the son of John and Sophia (Haas) Stoebener. He grew up on a farm and attended Central Grade School north of Worden.
Mr. Stoebener spent most of his life in the Worden community as a farmer and stockman. He also spent three years working on a cattle ranch near Colorado Springs, Colo.
He was a lifelong member of St. John's United Church of Christ.
He married Ruth Darlene Hornberger on June 18, 1952, in Worden. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include a sister, Norma Schwarz, Baldwin City; and a brother, Oscar, Baldwin City.
The family suggests memorials to the Baldwin Care Center, and they may be sent in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 64, Baldwin City 66006.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School baseball team finishes 5th in Kansas City, Kan., tournament
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team
- Baldwin High softball team starts season 2-2
- Baldwin High School baseball team warms up for big stage with 2-1 week
- Baldwin High School students commited fans of Bulldogs