Dora L. Tuckel
Services for Dora L. Tuckel, 86, Lawrence, will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Warren-McElwain Mortuary. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.
Mrs. Tuckel died Sunday, Feb. 6, 2000, at Brandon Woods Retirement Community.
She was born Nov. 6, 1913, in rural Lawrence, the daughter of George W. and Mary Johanna (Seele) Hunsinger. She graduated from Vinland High School.
Mrs. Tuckel had been a receptionist for Dr. Nelson and had worked at the Lawrence Feed Store. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church, Adah Chapter, No. 2, Order of Eastern Star, and Jolly Stitchers Sewing Club, all of Lawrence.
She married Russell Tuckel on Sept. 14, 1937, in Falls City, Neb. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Roger Tuckel and Russell Tuckel Jr., both of Lawrence; three sisters, Elsie Hunsinger, Lawrence; Clara Johanning, Worden; and Ann Radcliff, Coffeyville; five grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. today at the mortuary, where the family will receive friends from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The family suggests memorials to Trinity Lutheran Church, sent in care of the mortuary.
More like this story
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- New Kansas schools plan has funds for budget emergencies
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Baldwin claims first-ever state wrestling title