Kid wrestlers compete in tourneys
The Baldwin Kids Wrestling teams were in action over the weekend, with one team at the Pleasant Ridge Open and the other at the Gardner-Edgerton Novice Tournament.
At Pleasant Ridge, Sean Potter brought home first place with a 3-0 record and two pins. Finishing second were Kevin Callahan (2-1), Chase Abel (2-1) and Matt James (3-1). Third-place finishers were Alan Callahan (3-1), Josiah Mason (3-1) and Luke Halford (2-1). Mason recorded three pins.
At Gardner-Edgerton, Nick Goldring and Jarred Chalender finished first with 3-0 and 2-0 records, respectively. Both had a pair of pins. Second-place finishers were Trey Anderson (1-1) and Levi Bowen (1-1). Finishing third were Jove Mortenson (3-1), Heath Parmeley (1-1), Mitchell Rossi (2-1), Tony Wheeler (1-2) and Shawn Flanner (1-2). Fourth-place finishers were Jake Huggins (1-2) and Kelly Weege (1-2).
More like this story
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title
- Baldwin girls top Girard to move on at state tourney
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds