Funeral services for Gene Kalb, 72, Baldwin City, will be at 10:00 a.m. today at Ives Chapel, Baldwin City, with Rev. Shirley Edgerton officiating. Mr. Kalb died Monday, December 11, 2000 at his home.
He was born June 9, 1928 in Baldwin City, the son of Raymond and Frances (Scott) Kalb. He graduated from Baldwin City High School in 1947.
He was a member of Ives Chapel United Methodist Church. He was past Director of Prairie City School District and member of the Douglas County Farm Bureau and was a member of the Board of Directors.
He was a dairy farmer for many years before he went to work for the University of Kansas in the Housing Department. He then worked for the City of Baldwin and retired in 1990.
He married Dolores Deckwa on September 27, 1947. They were married for 53 years.
He is survived by his wife, Dolores; one daughter, Jeanette Kalb, Baldwin City; one son, Skip, and his wife Donna Rae, Argyle, Texas; two grandchildren and a half-brother, Kenneth Whan.
Interment will be at the Oakwood Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Ives Chapel United Methodist Church or Douglas County Hospice c/o Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, P.O. Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Baldwin board, council oppose proposed changes to local elections
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it