Baker women fall
Baker University's women fell to Heart of America Athletic Conference opponents William Jewell and Lindenwood last week.
The Wildcats lost to William Jewell 76-60 on Thursday, despite 26 points from Cory Shoaf, freshman from Bonner Springs. Shoaf made 10 of 15 field goal attempts, including five three-point shots. It was the first time this season a Wildcat scored over 20 points.
The Wildcats lost to Lindenwood 75-51 on Saturday at home. Theresa Yetmar, junior from Fort Dodge, Iowa, led the team with 11 points and had seven rebounds. Amber Zenger, junior from Odessa, Texas, had 10 points and a team-high nine rebounds. Monique Everett, senior from Clarksville, Tenn., had five assists and four steals.
The Wildcats are now 7-7 overall and 1-3 in conference play.
More like this story
- Baldwin district to survey parents about increased in-town busing fee
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan