Horseshoe pitching tourney was fun
To the editor:
I wanted to share with the folks that read your paper about a "happening." If anyone drove by the Annunciation Catholic Church the past two weeks or so you couldn't miss the sign out front.
The Knights of Columbus were hosting a horseshoe pitching tourney. Well, I have never participated in a horseshoe tournament in my life and had a blast Saturday! I know I speak for the other participants in saying what a wonderful time that was had by all. They had hoped for more folks to show up and pitch. There were 25 participants some with experience and others with little to none.
I had an opportunity to meet several people I had never met before, one of which was a visitor to Baldwin from the Navajo tribe in Arizona. He had nothing but nice words to say about Baldwin City. Others attending were from the surrounding area, as well as Baldwin and Vinland.
Along with the tourney was a great concession stand so you could sit in the shade of the trees, eat your lunch, watch some horseshoes fly and have a great time! It was for a good cause, too the money raised will go towards a scholarship for a Baldwin High School senior. If you are looking for a drug free stress reliever see you next year!
More like this story
- Baldwin City, township firefighters battle prop blazes
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events