Jerald Robert Willie
JERALD "JERRY" ROBERT WILLE
Memorial services for Jerald "Jerry" Robert Wille, 64, Overland Park, were Sunday. Mr. Wille died August 9, 2000, of pancreatic cancer. He donated his body to KU Medical Center for research.
He was born April 10, 1936, in Wamego and graduated from Wamego High School in 1954. He attended Baker University where he met his wife of 40 years, Sarah Ann Lawrence. He was a member of Zeta Chi Fraternity and remained an active alumnus throughout his life, receiving the Alumnus of the Year Award in 1998. He graduated from Baker in 1958 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He and Sarah married on Dec. 20, 1959. He served in the U.S. Army Reserve from 1959 through 1996, retiring as a lieutenant colonel.
Survivors include: his wife, Sarah; a daughter, Lisa Ann Pullium and her husband, Lance, Thornton, Colo.; a son, David Lawrence Wille, Aurora, Colo.; his parents, Gilbert and Gladys Wille, Wamego; a sister, Karen Cox, Leawood; two grandsons and five nephews.
Memorial contributions may be left to the Jerry Wille Memorial Fund at Valley View United Methodist Church, 8412 W. 95th St., Overland Park, KS 66212.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Gwendolyn Conover
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes
- New Kansas schools plan has funds for budget emergencies
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares