Four from track club place at national meet
Four members of the Baldwin Track Club took part in the A.A.U. National Track meet in Orlando, Fla., last week and came home with placings.
Baldwin's Corey Martinez placed 17th in the 17-18 steeplechase with a time of 7:25. The top performance was turned in by Danielle McNaney, who was second in the 17-18 high jump at 5-6 and fifth in the heptathlon.
Dakota Criqui finished sixth in the 13-14 3,000-meter run at 9:47 and 11th in the 1,500-meter run at 4:31. Marissa Shafer was sixth in the sub-bantam triathlon and 12th in the 800-meter run at 2:48.
"It was a big deal for Dani to get second she got a medal," said coach Mike Spielman. "Dakota is running times that are kind of 'Noonanesque.' It was great for them to go down there and compete at Disney World."
The meet wrapped up the summer season for the track club.
More like this story
- Ex-candidate Wolf confronts Kansas Sen. Moran at town hall
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Man charged in Jewish site killings sought to explain motive