Helen Jardon Dillon
Services for Helen Jardon Dillon, 90, Baldwin City, will be at 10:30 a.m. today at Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral home, Baldwin City. Private burial will be in Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Baldwin City.
Mrs. Dillon died Saturday, April 22, 2000, at Baldwin City Care Center.
She was born March 12, 1910, near Clearfield, the daughter of Lorenz and Mary Elizabeth (Scherer) Speicher. She attended Vinland High School and was on the girl's basketball team in the late 1920s.
Mrs. Dillon was a homemaker and helped in the family business at Baldwin Junction from 1929 to 1958.
She married Cecil "Mike" Jardon on Feb. 17, 1931. He died Oct. 4, 1965. She married Jack Dillon on Oct. 7, 1975. He died June 15, 1977.
In later years, her companion was Carl Johnson.
Survivors include a son, Marvin E. Jardon and his wife, Norma, Baldwin City; two sisters, Teresa Brubaker, Baldwin City, and Bertha Ingle, Brementon, Wash.; a granddaughter, Kathy Jardon, Baldwin City; and two great granddaughters, Amy Stotts, Baldwin City and Sara Stotts, Aspen, Co.
The family suggests memorials to Clearfield United Methodist Church-Fellowship Hall Fund, sent in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 645, Baldwin City.
More like this story
- Valuation notices sent out to Douglas County property owners
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Baldwin City Council approves 2016 budget
- Baldwin City Council publishes proposed 2016 budget with 4.57 mill levy increase