Services for Lois L. Box, Basehor, 87, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the First Baptist Church of Basehor. Burial will be in Glenwood Cemetery, near Basehor.
Mrs. Box died Monday, April 17, 2000, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center, Tonganoxie.
She was born May 1, 1912, in Aldrich, Mo. She moved to Basehor in 1948.
Mrs. Box was a member of the First Baptist Church of Basehor and a homemaker.
Survivors include her husband, Otis C. Box; six sons, Louis, Linwood; Robert, Bella Vista, Ark.; Jerry, Arab, Ala.; Fred, Basehor; Larry, Baldwin City; and Charles Fairplay, Mo.; two daughters, Joyce Williams, Lawrence and Janet Rudd, of the home; 25 grandchildren; and 28 great-grandchildren.
A son, Ted, died in 1987.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 tonight at Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, Bonner Springs.
The family suggests memorials to the First Baptist Church of Basehor, sent in care of the Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs 66012.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Baldwin High School baseball team finishes 5th in Kansas City, Kan., tournament
- Kansas fish farms benefiting from wet weather
- Baldwin move to state semi-finals with 3-1 victory against Spring Hill
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas