Baker golfers take first, second
The Baker University golf team put back-to-back strong performances together in the last two weeks, finishing first in one tournament and second in another.
On Thursday, the Baker golfers won the BU Spring Invitational at Alvamar. The Wildcats had 370 strokes to outdistance Southwestern College (380), Rockhurst University (389) and Newman University (393).
Baker also had two of the top five medalist. Meghan Lewis was first with a seven-over-par 79 and Sarah Payne was fifth with a 90. Lewis won by five strokes.
Other Baker scores were: Amanda Michel, 102; Romona Knocke, 100; Miriam Rice, 101; and Joscee Farrar, 115.
On April 7, the Baker golfers finished second at the Newman University Spring Triangular. Host Newman won with a 389, followed by Baker at 396 and Southwestern with a 397.
The Wildcats had the top two medalists in that tourney. Payne was first with a 10-over-par 81 and Lewis was second at 87. Other Baker scores were: Michel, 114; Knocke, 114; and Rice, 115.
More like this story
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares