Services for Betty E. Flory, 75, Lawrence, were at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Lone Star Church of the Brethren. Burial followed in Washington Creek Cemetery, Douglas County.
Mrs. Flory died Thursday, April 6, 2000, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born Sept. 3, 1924, in Lawrence, the daughter of Clarence and Charlotte (Barnes) Hodge. She graduated from Lawrence High School in 1942.
Mrs. Flory had worked at Lawrence National Bank and then in the food department at Baldwin High School for 18 years, retiring in 1994. She was a member of the Lone Star Church of the Brethren.
She married Earl Flory on May 24, 1952, in Lawrence. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Mike E. and Jeff D. Flory, both of Lawrence; a brother, Murray Hodge, Lawrence; a sister, Mildred Leffler, Anderson, Calif.; and five grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Lone Star Church of the Brethren, sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home.
More like this story
- Brownback's new commerce secretary has unique past
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Archaeologists from across US searching for Kansas artifacts
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center