Baker tops Lindenwood
The Baker University baseball team took one of four games over the weekend at home.
A 10-9 victory in the first game of Sunday's doubleheader against Lindenwood was Baker's bright spot. The Wildcats jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first inning, added three more in the third, a single run in the fifth and then won it with a pair of runs in the bottom of the seventh.
Mike McKinley picked up the pitching victory.
In the second game Sunday, Lindenwood topped the Wildcats 16-9. Baker had a 6-2 lead after three innings, but a seven-run fourth by Lindenwood put an end to the lead. Bix Ellenbecker hammered a home run for Baker. Jim Eason was the losing pitcher.
Baker dropped both games of Saturday's doubleheader, 16-4 and 10-5, to Culver-Stockton. Justin Miller had a home run for the Wildcats in the second game. Losing pitchers were Ben Sickel and Josh White.
Next up for the Wildcats was a game Tuesday at Mid America. Results weren't available by press time. The Cats will be in action Saturday at Central Methodist and Sunday at Benedictine.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Annunciation Church to have St. Pat's Day dinner tonight
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls